Sunday, January 11, 2015

Gifts and Biscuits

With the onset of the cold weather, we've been working toward better equipping UNA for cruising. Top on that list is the boat tent, more on that later. I think we have that one solved to satisfaction.

Gifts from friends and Santa delivered a few key items to make overnights more comfortable.
One is a Neoair Therm-a-rest Camp Mattress. A good video review is here. I've the size large which fits very well in the floor of the boat and packs in a small provided sack. Well-made.


Second I'll confess was a gift to self. Complimenting the pad, a North Face Aleutian 50 degree bag. I have to give Steve Early credit for pointing this one out.


This bag will be perfect for late Spring and early Fall. When slipped inside my existing bag it will extend the sailing season. This is a quality product too.

A final gift, though it has very practical application, I'll place under the "entertainment" category. It is a portable radio, the Tecsun PL-660It possesses AM/FM/LW/Air Shortwave World Band Radio with Single Side Band. We should be able to find something to listen to. Sailing while catching a good game is on the list.
So, what about the biscuits? I've been starting to collect menu items. I like breakfast and weather permitting, I'll open the galley box, set up the stove, and cracks some eggs. Add some drop biscuits and you've some sustaining horsepower until evening.

Just add butter!

Plate used as lid.

New galley box stove.

One day, someday, it will be warm enough for a field test. We'll be ready.






No comments:

Post a Comment